COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
In our efforts to keep our students, staff and families informed with the latest information on COVID-19 or Coronavirus, please use this page as a reference for District communications regarding COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
Bald Knob Public Schools will do their best to help flatten the curve in regards to the situation.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
APRIL 8th, 2020
After Governor Hutchinson's recent announcement to extend school closure and off-site instruction for the remainder of the year, we want to provide you with updates on what to expect in the coming weeks. Please see the letter below from Ms. Melissa Gipson, Superintendent of Bald Knob Schools, with important information regarding AMI, prom, graduation, and the feeding program. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the appropriate call center.
Parents and Guardians,
On April 6, 2020, Governor Asa Hutchinson announced the extension of school closure for on-site learning for the remainder of the year. The last day of school will be Friday, May 22nd. The faculty and staff are excited to continue to educate and support our students as we continue providing off-site instruction.
A few important informational items as we continue with off-site instruction:
- CHROMEBOOK CHECK OUT: If you expressed a need for a Chromebook but did not pick it up, please call your school’s call center to make accommodations to do so.
- Call Center Numbers:
- District Administration Call Center: (501) 232-3568
- Early Childhood Call Center: (501) 232-1226
- Elementary School Call Center: (501) 232-6097
- Middle School Call Center: (501) 203-9615
- High School Call Center (501) 232-6640
- Call Center Numbers:
- MiFi DEVICES: As of April 6th, MiFi device shipment has been delayed until April 10th. For those who expressed a need for internet access, we expect the Mifi devices to be ready for students to utilize approximately the week of April 20th. This date may change due to Verizon’s shipment changes. If you need internet access, please students are welcomed to utilize the middle and high school parking lots.
- PROM & GRADUATION: We are excited to host a virtual graduation on May 17, 2020 at 3:00 PM. In addition, we have identified tentative dates for a traditional prom and graduation. As the current public health situation develops, we will adjust the date by month. As of today, we are planning a traditional prom and graduation in June, as reflected below.
- Prom (June 6) and Graduation (June 7)
- Prom (July 18) and Graduation (July 19)
- Prom (August 1) and Graduation (August 2)
- AMI PACKET PICK-UP: AMI packets will be available for pick-up at the following dates and times:
- April 16:8:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- April 17:8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- April 30:8:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- May 1:8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- AMI INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANCE: If your child is struggling with the content of AMI packets, please reach out to your child’s teacher and/or the respective call center. It is our pleasure to provide you with as much support as possible.
- MEAL DELIVERY: Unless unforeseen circumstances arise which prohibit us from doing so, meals will continue to be delivered to the specified locations on Mondays and Thursdays. We are beginning to experience difficulties in being able to purchase certain items necessary for meal distribution; however, we are committed to doing so as long as possible.